Bake Attack: Snicker Doodles
You know me.
I'm an emotional baker.
However, this time we just wanted some sweets.
When I was little, I was determined to make these Snicker Doodles all by myself, and perfectly. I tried over and over again, and they never ever turned out. There was a lot I had to learn. I guess it also would've been easier if I could reach inside the oven without burning myself too. Literally, I have scars from burns on my arm from the oven. 10 Years later, when I reached high school, I finally mastered the Snicker Doodle!
This is my favorite Snicker Doodle recipe ever. Enjoy! And let me know what you think!
You will need:
1 c Shortening
1 1/2 c Sugar
3 c Flower
2 tsp Cream of Tarter
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
Extra sugar & cinnamon (to roll the dough in)
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix shortening and sugar completely
2. Add eggs, and mix for 2 minutes
3. Add flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt, and mix completely
4. Roll dough into small balls. (I use a regular sized 'cookie-scooper')
5. Roll balls in cinnamon/sugar and place 1-inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350˚ for 10 minutes.
*tip* When you remove them from the oven, drop the sheet on counter from about a half inch high. This will flatten the cookies, making them look better!