side note: You know what don't understand? When I'm in the middle of a set, or I'm running on the treadmill, does it seem like I want to talk to you? I mean I can hardly breath as it is, and I'm in the middle of an intense workout, obvi...does it look like i want to stop what I'm doing and have a meaningless, typical conversation? Gym talk. WOOF.
Okay so anyway, music is a HUGE part of my work out. Without it, I might as well turn around and go home. I take it very seriously. I believe the right songs can make a great work out!
I have 4 different gym playlists. That way, if i'm running, working out, riding the road bike, or cooling down, I'm good to go. One thing I try to do when putting together a gym playlist is to choose music I DON'T usually listen to. That way, It motivates me to work out. If I'm listening to the same old music I listen to daily, then It won't motivate me any differently.
I mostly use this one for the times when I'm going for a run outside. You see, I hate running. It takes me a little extra motivation to be able to run outside for long distances. Because of this, I made a playlist of running songs that either motivate me to run, inspire me to keep going, or just have a super sick beat that makes me want to move! Here it is.
1. Animal Arithmetic - Jónsi
2. Between Two Lungs - Florence and The Machine
3. Breakin A Sweat - Skrillex
4. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
5. GEESIX (Bare Remix) - Far East Movement
6. Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
7. If We Ever Meet Again - Timbaland feat. Katy Perry
8. Mal Poli - Yelle
9. Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
10. Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
11. Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
12. We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - Rihanna
2. Spin Playlist
This playlist is a little different. Most of these songs are on here based on tempo. If you've ever been to a spin class, you know the good teachers because they pick music that makes you want to work, and you're always doing something to the beat of the music. It just works. (and thats why some of the songs are slower) When I do a spin work out on my own, there's nobody there to tell me what move to do next, so I let the music tell me! Whatever song comes on shuffle will tell me the type of move I'll do next. It's great.
1. Womanizer - Britney Spears
2. Somebody to Love - Justin Bieber
3. OH MY GOSH (prod by will.i.am) - Usher
4. Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida
5. Pumpkin Soup - Kate Nash
6. Sun of a Gun - Oh Land
7. We Found Love - Rihanna
8. I Want You To - Weezer
9. Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
10. Ridin' Solo - Jason Derulo
11. Coming Home - Diddy
12. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - Katy Perry
13. Just A Ride - Jem
This playlist is mostly just really upbeat songs that make me want to move / motivate me to keep going. Weather its weights, or lunges, or supersets, or anything else I'm doing, sometimes I need a little extra push, or a power song. Because I'm not running or cycling, this playlist tends to have a lot more variety.
*all of the running and spinning songs are on this playlist, these listed are the extras*
1. Baby - Justin Bieber
2. Bad Girls - M.I.A.
3. Call Your Girlfriend (Feed Me Remix) - Robyn
4. Diva - Beyoncé
5. Do You Remember? (Feat. Lil John & Sean paul)
6. Face Drop - Sean Kingston
7. Fergalicious - Fergie
8. Glad You Came - The Wanted
9. Here We Go Again - Demi Lovato
10. Intro - M83
11. Just Can't Get Enough [Schizo Mix]
12. Knock You Down - Keri HIlson
13. Quicksand - La Roux
14. Warp 1.9 - The Bloody Beetroots
15. When Love Takes Over (fear. Kelly Rowland) - David Guetta
4. Cool Down Playlist
Although it might not seem like it, IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO COOL DOWN AFTER A WORK OUT. When I'm done with my final cardio, I turn on this playlist and stretch everything out. Its my favorite part.
1. Be Be Your Love - Rachael Yamagata
2. First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
3. Flightless Bird, American Mouth (wedding version) - Iron & Wine
4. Gravity - John Mayer
5. Nocturne In E-Flat (Chopin) - David Glen hatch
6. Volcano - Damien Rice
7. Collide - Howie Day
8. Fireflies - Ron Pope
9. In My Veins (feat. Erin McCarley) - Andrew Belle
10. Toxic (Britney Spears Cover) - Yael Naim
Well there you have it. 50 songs to use in your workout. Now get your iPod hooked up and make your workout more effective & efficient!